Tuesday 21 April 2015

Beauty & Fashion - Easter Sunday Outfit Of the Day


This outfit I had actually worn Easter Sunday, but never got round to finishing writing a blog post about it it up thanks to other stuff getting in the way!

The orange top is Penneys. I bought it a week before Easter. I was looking through the reduced items rack (always on the hunt for a bargain!) and at first, I didn't think it looked that great - the pattern is usually not something I'd pick out as I usually go for soft, more muted colours. But I figured it would be nice with blue or white jeans and it was reduced from €9 to €3 so I took a chance and bought it.

I have the jeans for about five years now. I bought them in my local town, and I remember they were quite expensive at the time (about €70). But they were a great investment! I wore them a lot throughout my years at college and they go with a lot of outfits. The only thing is, they're insanely skin tight skinny and it's such an effort to get them on, I have to literally jump around my bedroom (girls, you know the way it is!). I really felt like they went with this top and balanced it out though.

The black heels are Penneys. I bought them for my college graduation. They were about €15 but they're the most uncomfortable pair of shoes I have ever worn! I think they suit this look though as they are quite basic and don't distract from the outfit.

The hat is from Aliexpress.com, I've worn it in previous blog posts, it cost €6.

Make-up wise, I was going for quite a dewy, glowing look. So after cleansing my face with my Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel foaming wash, I applied Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration primer before applying Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation using my Primark beauty blender. This foundation is very nice for achieving a natural look. I applied Kubiss London concealer as needed and set them both using Catrice All Matt Plus shine control powder. I used Catrice Prime and Fine eyeshadow base on my eyelids before creating a subtle smoky eye using the Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow palette and the eyeliner I used was NYC Liquid Eyeliner before adding loads of NYC Big Bold Volume by the Lash Mascara. I filled in my eyebrows using Penneys P.S Love Beauty eyebrow kit. I added Catrice Defining Blush to the apples of my cheeks and moisturised my lips using Nivea lipbalm before applying Catrice Infinite Shine lipgloss.




As for my hair, I washed it that morning and applied Vo5 Heat Protect spray before blowdrying it straight.

Again, this post is featuring my dog Sam again, but he was a bit camera shy this time!

                                                           Products Used:

Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Foaming Wash, €4.79.
Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, €6.49, Penneys.
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in 100 Ivory, €9.99, Penneys.
Kubiss London Concealer in No.2 Medium, €2, local chemist. 
Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder in 010 Transparent, €3.49, Penneys.
Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base, €4.20, Penneys.
Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow Palette, €5.49, Penneys.
NYC (New York Color) Liquid Eyeliner, €2.40, Penneys.
NYC Big Bold Volume by the Lash Mascara, €3.49, Penneys.
PS Love.... Beauty by Primark Beauty blender, €2.
PS Love.... Beauty by Primark eyebrow kit, €1.50.
Catrice Defining Blush in 080 Sunrose Avenue, €4.49, Penneys.
Nivea Essential Care lipbalm, €2.09, Penneys.
Catrice Infinite Shine Lipgloss, €3.49, Penneys.


No comments:

Post a Comment