Wednesday 8 April 2015

Beauty & Fashion - Easter Sunday Look of the Night






I went for a night out on Easter Sunday night (5th April) and posted a picture of the outfit I was wearing on Instagram (https://instagram.com/kissandmakeupnow_blog/).

It got me a lot of compliments and likes, and as I really liked the whole look myself  (I thought it was really fun, bright and really nice for the spring), decided to a blogpost about it!

I was in Liverpool seven weeks ago and had a look around the Primark (the UK's version of Penneys) while I was there.  It is hugeeeee (3 stories), and I noticed that many of the clothes, shoes and accessories they have there just aren't available in Ireland (boo!). Of course, being the bargain hunter I am, I went straight for the sales rack and this luminous yellow skirt jumped out at me (was hard not to miss it infairness!). It was reduced from £6 to £3 so I couldn't leave it after me! I really like it. The length and the fit are really great.

The black crop top is Missguided. I prefer to shop locally, to support the local shops and to try on before I buy, but I couldn't find any nice crop tops around town so I had to resort to buying this online. It cost €7 and delivery to Ireland to arrive in 48 hours was €4. I've had my issues with Missguided in the past - they have dresses and other clothes that look absolutely amazing online but when you receive them, you often find that they are made of really cheap material. This top was kind of the same, but like I said, I don't buy from them that much.

The black high heels are Penneys, they cost €15 and I bought them for my college graduation last year. I don't really wear them that often, as to be honest they are probably the most awkward-to-wear shoes I have ever worn in my life! But I felt like they really went with this outfit as they are plain enough and don't distract from the skirt, which is obviously a statement piece.

My make up was quite similar to what I have done before. I cleansed my face with Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel foaming wash before applying Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer to my face and Nivea Essential care lip-balm to my lips before working on my eyes first. I used the Catrice Absolute Nude eyeshadow palette to create a subtle smoky eye before applying Penneys Beauty Sultry false eyelashes. I applied NYC Liquid Eyeliner to hide the eyelash band. I applied Max Factor Skin Luminiser foundation to my face and Kubiss concealer to hide any blemishes or dark circles before setting both using Catrice All Matt Plus powder. I applied Catrice Defining Blush to the apples of my cheeks.

For lips, I lined my lips using Catrice Long Lasting Lip Pencil before applying Boots Seventeen Stay Pout lipstick in Red. I really like using this lipstick. I bought it a few months back but never really used it, but I've recently started to like it again as it's quite matte and stays on all night. And the price is good too (see below!).

As for my hair: I had washed it that morning and used VO5 Heat Defence Spray on it before blowdrying it straight. I straightened it using my GHD before I went out that night but felt it was nicer pinned up, which I randomly did.






                                                                 Products Used:


Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Foaming Wash, €4.79. 
Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer, €6.49, Penneys.
Nivea Essential Care Lipbalm, €2.09, Penneys.
Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow Palette, €5.49, Penneys.
Penneys Beauty False Eyelashes in 'Sultry', €1.50.
NYC Liquid Eyeliner, €2.40, Penneys.
Max Factor Skin Luminiser Foundation in Ivory, €15.99, Boots.
Kubiss Concealer, €2, local chemist. 
Catrice All Matt Plus Powder in '010 Transparent', €3.49, Penneys.
Catrice Defining Blush in '080 Sunrose Avenue', €4.49, Penneys.
Catrice Long lasting Lip Pencil in '050 Red Light District', €2.20, Penneys.
Boots Seventeen Stay Pout Lipstick, €5.69, Boots.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment