Tuesday 14 April 2015

Beauty - Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water


I've heard amazing things about this Garnier Micellar Cleansing water. It promises to act as a make-up remover, cleanser and toner (hydrates and soothes) all in one without the added effort of rinsing. I bought this one for sensitive skin thinking this was the only one avaliable, however I discovered three days later that there's actually one for sensitive and combination skin, which probably would have suited me better. However as I had bought this one, I decided to do a review on it.

Micellar is a fancy new technology that the experts behind the skincare products at Garnier have derived. The label on the back explains this as: "Like a magnet, the cleansing agents capture and lift away dirt from the skin easily without a need for rubbing".
Garnier also use naturally-derived ingredients wherever possible so it won't hurt sensitive skin.

I applied a few drops onto a make-up pad (make-up pads are 75c for a pack of 100 in Penneys), and applied it to my skin to remove my make-up. It doesn't have any smell and has no colour. It removed my foundation quickly and without rubbing like any regular make-up remover should. So far so good.

The eye area I was keen to find out about as I have found that many eye make-up removers sting that area, even the Garnier Express Eye Make-up Remover that I use frequently stings ever so slightly (I've reviewed this in my skincare blog post, see HERE).
To my surprise, this Garnier Micellar Cleansing water removed my waterproof liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow up in one easy sweep - again without rubbing. It didn't sting at all around the sensitive eye area or around my sensitive skin, which I was delighted with.

It doesn't feel greasy at all and the feeling after usage was similar to the feeling I experience after I remove make-up and use toner. My skin didn't even feel dry or tight like it usually does after just removing my make-up. It was amazing!

So is it worth the hype?

Absolutely! It comes in a large bottle (400ml), and claims to allow cleansing for 200 make-up pads. It cuts down on time spent removing make-up, cleansing and toning as well as products used (usually I have to use a make-up remover for skin/makeup wipes, an eye make-up remover and a toner), so does indeed save you money in the long run (instead of using 3 products for the job, you only use one!).

The only thing I don't like about this product is the massive size of it - it's not exactly handbag friendly and definitely won't get past security at the airport! But I suppose it lasts a long time, which does save you money the long run - this obviously ain't an item you would buy every month!

But I really like this, so definitely should be on your beauty shopping list. It's avaliable in most pharmacies, Penneys and Boots for €4.50. On Boots.ie it costs €4.19 (was €6.29), and you can buy it HERE.


My Rating: 4.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment