Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Beauty - Tester Tuesday: Boots Seventeen Skin Wow! 3 Way Highlighter

So I've seen a lot of bloggers do this thing called 'Tester Tuesdays' where they test and try out a new product and wanted to try it out for myself!

First up on my 'Tester Tuesday' is this relatively new highlighter, that is part of Boots own make-up brand, Seventeen.

After reading great reviews of this online, I was curious to try it out for myself. It costs €7.59.

This highlighter comes in a plastic long tube as you can see with a pump that you press down on and out pumps the product!

It claims to be the "ultimate skin pick me up".

First impressions - pretty basic packaging. There is a smell to it but it's not an overpowering smell.

Like I said, it's a three way highlighter so the three ways you can wear it is as a primer under foundation, mixed with foundation or applied directly onto the cheekbones.

I tried it out all three ways.

Firstly, I tried it out as a primer, and found that it stung my sensitive skin so much I quickly had to remove it.

Secondly, I mixed it with my regular foundation (Rimmel 25 Hour foundation), and found that while it didn't sting my skin then, it did appear to make my skin look off-colour, almost grey and sickly looking.

Thirdly, I tried it as a highlighter to my cheekbones after applying the rest of my face make-up, and found it gave me little of a glow. The consistency was far too runny, ruining my foundation. It was too silver toned, and when I tried to blend it into my skin, it just lost all it's effect.

I was really disappointed with it, as I haven't used much of it, and can't really use any more of it - unless I'm going for a really sick and almost dying look at Halloween maybe.

I think this highlighter is best suited to a tanned complexion, so you should definitely stay clear if your skin is as Casper the ghost-pale like myself. Which begs me to ask the question - why did a British company like Boots create such a product?!

My rating: 1/10.


1 comment:

  1. Honestly I love the Rolex Daytona collection of replica watches sale. I think they could be sized a bit bigger these days and perhaps add a date disc, but then they wouldn't be Daytona replica watches sale. Still. I don't feel like a connoisseur because I like the Daytona replica watches sale. I like them, and the guy who wears too much gold jewelry who wants to add to his replica watches sale collection of Breitling swiss replica watches likes the watch too. So this article was about two things in the end. First, why everyone and their best friend likes the Rolex Daytona, and two, a bit about why those elements are so easy to enjoy. It isn't about idiots, or the love of shiny, shiny things. Going back to the basics, Rolex has always succeed in following the principle of KISS, or spelled out as "keep it simple stupid." The alternative is busy replica watches with too much hidden impressive points that requires a skill level like mine to appreciate, or a three week course at your local "horology appreciation class." And the latter doesn't really exist.

    ReplyDelete