Wednesday 27 May 2015

Beauty - Shaaanxo Inspired Look: Collaboration No.2

So I mentioned in my last blogpost I am now doing collaborations with other bloggers I interact with on Instagram (@kissandmakeupnow_blog if you haven't already followed me!). I thought it would be a great way to gain new ideas and keep my blog fresh. If you haven't checked out my first collaboration, I'd appreciate it if you did HERE please.

This collaboration is with @arcoirisnumbatom  and is a look inspired by the New Zealand YouTuber Shaaanxo. If you don't know who she is, you need to climb out of whatever rock you've been hiding under and check her out! She is amazing, my very first blogpost was on an inspired look of hers, and I have a few more of her looks planned to do soon as well. Her Facebook page is HERE and subscribe to her YouTube HERE too.

This collaboration was supposed to go up on Monday, but between trying to sort things for university and my mum's birthday, it completely skipped my mind! But sure better late than never as they say!

@arcoirisnumbatom decided on a Shaaanxo purple eyes and nude lips, she put it up on Monday obviously. Please give her a follow and check her out!

For me personally I decided to do a look based on modern pin up look. I thought the ombre eyeliner looked so cool as you can see in the pictures of both that you can see below. I just took inspiration from Shaaanxo, I didn't copy her look completely.













So first off I moisturised using Simple Kind to Skin Light hydrating moisturiser (€5). When that was absorbed into my skin I used my Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour foundation in 100 Ivory (€9.99) as a base, concealed with Kubiss London concealer and set both with Catrice All Matt Plus setting powder in 010 Transparent (€3.49).

Shaaanxo used all eye pencils for the look and so did I. I obviously didn't use the expensive brands she used though. I used Essence Kajal Pencil in White (€2.20) from the start of the eye to two thirds in; used Essence Long Lasting Pencil in 'Tu Tu Turquoise' for the bright blue and used Essence Long Lasting Pencil in 'Deep Sea' for the navy. These eye pencils are both €2.20 in Penneys. The gel eyeliner I used was Rimmel Scandaleyes gel eyeliner (€7.20). I used New York Color Big Bold Volume Mascara (€3.20) to my upper eyelashes. For the rest of the skin, I used Technic blush (got it as part of a make-up set so don't know the individual price) to the apples of my cheeks - this is a light, very natural blusher. For lips, you could use any colour, but I decided to use New York Color Expert Last Lip Lacquer in Fidi Fuschia (€3.70), which also featured in my previous blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment