Monday 3 August 2015

Fashion & Beauty - Floral Girly Outfit and Look of the Night

Welcome back to my blog!

Before I start, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to everyone who checked out my last blog post I posted last Thursday - the travel diary on Liverpool. I was so nervous hitting the 'publish' button as it was the first blogpost of it's kind I had done on my blog, but I had such a great response for it so needless to say I was delighted! I am planning another travel blogpost very soon as well - on Edinburgh - so keep your eyes peeled for that!



Anyways, this blogpost centres around the outfit and hair I wore for my best friend's birthday celebrations in the middle of July.

The dress I'm wearing is from Irish website Dresses.ie, and  I actually won in an Instagram competition a week before I wore it out.  I think it's so pretty and summery. Their Facebook page is HERE, on it you will find a link to their website (AKA a massive urge to buy most, if not all of their clothes, LOL!). As an Irish blogger, I really think it's important to support Irish brands so I was happy to do up this blogpost. This dress is still avaliable to buy too - yay!

The wedges are from Penneys, I bought them a while ago for €12. They are actually really comfortable to walk in so I managed to keep them on my feet the whole night. I really like them a lot.

The tan I'm wearing is Cocoa Brown Day to Night tan, I've done a review of this tan  plus the Tough Stuff exfoliating scrub HERE.

My cute feather necklace was bought for £1 in Primark in Edinburgh when I was there a few months back.

For makeup, I used many of the items before in many other of my blog posts. After cleansing my face with Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Foaming Wash (review HERE), I applied Simple Kind to Skin Light Hydrating moisturiser (review HERE as a base to my face and Nivea essentials lipbalm (review HERE) to my lips (where else?!) and started to work on my eye makeup. I didn't go too mad with the eye makeup, I just applied Primark eyelashes in Volume (they're part of a five piece set of eyelashes), and applied Natural Collection Liquid eyeliner on top, flicking slightly outwards for a feline-like effect. As per usual, the foundation I used for night-time was Max Factor Skin Luminiser foundation in the shade Light Ivory. I applied Kubiss concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes before setting my whole face with Primark Beauty loose powder. I defined my eyebrows using Primark Beauty eyebrow kit. I then applied Catrice Defining Blush (Review HERE) to the apples of my cheeks. I applied Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in 'Pinkerbell' to my lips before blotting with a tissue to make it a bit more wearable and less bright and 'out there'.

For my hair, after washing it I applied some of the Macademia oil hair mask (review of that product is HERE), left it in for 2 hours while my tan was drying, washed it out and was left with curls but I defined them more using my Remington curling wand, wrapping it around my hair in big sections.


                                                                          Products Used:

Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff Exfoliating Scrub, E4.99, Penneys.
Cocoa Brown Day & Night Tan, E7.99, Penneys.
Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Foaming Wash, E4.75, Boots.
Simple Kind to Skin Light Hydrating Moisturiser, E5, Boots.
Nivea Essential Care lipbalm, E2.09, Penneys.
Primark Beauty False Eyelashes in 'Volume', part of a set of five for E5.
Boots Natural Collection Liquid Eyeliner, E2.75, Boots.
Maxfactor Skin Luminizer Foundation in '40 Light Ivory', E15.99, Boots.
Kubiss London concealer, E2, local chemist.
Primark Beauty loose powder, E2.50, Penneys.
Primark Beauty browkit, E2, Penneys.
Catrice Defining Blush, E4.75, Penneys.
Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick in '140 Pinkerbell', E4.49, Penneys.



2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Also just wondering what the Primark beauty loose powder is like, would it be good for my dry skin? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I think it's too mattifying and drying (well for me anyways!) so I only use it on oily parts of my face (usually my forehead) and I'd use a different powder for the drier areas. x

      Delete