Wednesday 13 April 2016

Beauty - Review of L'Oréal Full Restore 5 Repairing Hair Mask

I've mentioned a few times on the blog that I have an addiction to my hair straighteners. I know it's so so bad for your hair, but any girl with hair that is more than a bit on the frizzy side will tell you that it's so difficult to resist the urge to use it everyday! As well as that, my hair is obviously bleached blonde at the ends.

I noticed however that my hair was becoming really brittle and dry, and it was having that annoying flyaway hairs at the top of my head that just wouldn't be tamed, even with numerous grips and a hairband. It was making me feel really self conscious and made me look like a five year old child, so I decided to buy a hair mask to sort out my hair nightmare! I also bought a heat protect spray and dry shampoo at the time (of course, because I have absolutely no restraint when it comes to shopping in Superdrug!), which I'll review on the blog at a later stage. 

I've used L'Oréal hair masks before, and there's dozens of them to choose from. I decided in the end to choose the Full Restore 5 hair mask (you know the one that Cheryl Cole promotes the shampoo of it), as truth be told I really liked the smell of it and it came in quite a huge 300ml pot for £4.99, which is quite good value for a L'Oréal product. It contains cicamide and pro-keratin. Cicamide is basically a technology that mimics the hair's natural cement and restores smoothness to the hair fibre, leaving your hair with a healthy looking shine. When you have damaged hair like I so obviously have, it's a good idea to look out for products with pro-keratin especially because keratin will reinforce the hair fibre and give your hair strength. It also claims to work against five main problems your hair is facing - strength (mine was breaking at the ends), vitality (mine looked lifeless), density (mine looked super thin), shine (mine was lacklustre and lacking any shine) and silkiness (my hair felt slightly hard, especially at the ends).

The label says to leave on for about 3 minutes but I smothered it all over my hair, popped on a shower cap and kept it on while I chilled in the bath for nearly an hour, while breathing in that beautiful scent. When I washed it, the first thing I noticed was how soft my hair was! I didn't have that experience in a while, that's for sure. My split ends were virtually gone, and there was a lovely subtle scent off it. As I left my hair to dry naturally, it developed into these beautiful curls, and the softness stayed for a few days.

At the moment, I use this mask once a week while I enjoy my weekly bath. I have tried many hair masks, but this is honestly one of the best masks I have ever tried. I do love Aussie hair masks, but for the amount you get and price paid, this one definitely pips it to the post! I recently bought a new Dove one, but I think I will always have a serious love for this one.

My rating: 4.5/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment